Nothing compares to the cheesy, saucy goodness of chicken parm. Scroll down for the game-changing recipe.
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup olive oil for frying
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic or parchment paper. Pound chicken to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put flour in one bowl. Beat eggs into a second bowl. Put bread crumbs and Parmesan into a third bowl.
- Take each chicken breast and coat with flour, cover with eggs, and coat in bread crumb mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook each chicken until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken in baking dish and top each breast with 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, and chicken breasts are not pink, about 15 to 20 minutes.