It is hard to beat the satisfaction of baking lasagna. All the time and energy put in is always worth it when you see the delicious bubbling cheese when you take it out of the oven. This recipe is based off of Spend With Pennies’ recipe for Easy Homemade Lasagna.
Sausage and Spinach Lasagna
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
9 lasagna noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb Italian sausage
24 oz marinara sauce
4 cups of raw spinach
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 tsp oregano
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into a skillet at medium-high heat. Cook Italian sausage until browned. Place cooked sausage in a separate bowl. Add majority of marinara sauce to sausage and mix until combined.
- Add spinach to the skillet over medium with remaining sausage fat and cook until wilted. Place wilted spinach in another bowl.
- Add 1.5 cups of meat sauce to a 2.2 Qt Pyrex baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Layer with 1 cup of ricotta cheese and sprinkle oregano on top. Add spinach on top of the ricotta. Repeat the order with meat sauce, cheese, and spinach. Finish with 1 more layer of lasagna noodles, marinara sauce without the sausage, and an even layer of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
One thought on “Sausage and Spinach Lasagna”
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.