With Super Bowl LIV coming up in early February, I have started brainstorming new, healthy(ish) appetizer recipes for my Super Bowl party. Instantly, cauliflower “wings” came to mind. I have attempted to make cauliflower “wings” three times now with little success, but when I purchased an Air Fryer this month, I vowed to try again. This recipe brings cauliflower “wings” to a new level by utilizing delicious hot sauce as the primary ingredient while using bread crumbs to crisp up a normally mushy vegetable.
Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
1 large head of fresh cauliflower
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
4 tbsp melted butter
1 cup Panko
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
How to Make It
- Trim cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Place in large bowl.
- Add butter and Franks Red Hot Sauce to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour over trimmed cauliflower. Toss to coat cauliflower.
- In a separate bowl, mix Panko and spices. Add cauliflower to bowl and coat with dry mixture.
- Cook cauliflower in batches at 400°F in the Air Fryer for 14 minutes, flipping halfway through (see Note 1). Cook until golden.
- Serve immediately with dressing.
Note 1: Cauliflower bites can also be baked in the oven at 400°F for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook until crispy and golden. Bites can be broiled for a few minutes at the end to further crisp up.