These Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are sure to liven up your side dish game. Adding balsamic glaze and parmesan takes brussels sprouts to a whole new level, from a classically hated vegetable to a fancy side dish or appetizer.
Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 lb of brussels sprouts (about 32 brussels sprouts)
3 tbsp olive oil (see Note 1)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional, for serving)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven or Air Fryer to 400°F.
- Remove ends of brussels sprouts and slice into quarters. Mix quartered brussels sprouts in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place quartered brussels sprouts on a baking sheet or Air Fryer basket. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes. Fry for 15 minutes, shaking basket every 5 minutes. Cook until browned.
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until vinegar thickens. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle thickened balsamic vinegar over brussels sprouts with a sprinkle of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Note 1: For the Air Fryer, 1 tbsp of olive oil can be used.