As a huge fan of Bourbon, I’m always looking for new, delicious cocktails. A friend recommended I try Half-Baked Harvest’s Garden Cherry Bourbon Smash recipe and I just can’t get enough!
Cherry Bourbon Smash
Yield: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 12 fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 8 basil leaves, plus a sprig for serving
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- juice from half of a lemon
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 2-4 teaspoons white wine vinegar, using to your taste
- Ginger beer, for topping
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
How to Make It
1. To make the ginger sugar. Combine the sugar, ginger, and thyme on a shallow plate. Rim your glasses in sugar, then fill with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker or glass jar, muddle the cherries, basil, thyme, and lemon juice, squashing everything to release the juices. If using frozen cherries, let thaw for 15 minutes to get the maximum juice. Add the bourbon, Cointreau, and vinegar. Fill with ice and shake until combined.
3. Strain into prepared glasses. Top off with ginger beer, then gently stir to combine. Finish with basil and a cherry on top. Enjoy.