If you want to take your mouth on a quick vacation to Hawaii, look no further than this recipe for crispy coconut shrimp. I love making this recipe with a side of peppers – either mini sweet or Shishito peppers.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 large eggs
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup unseasoned Panko
10 ounces peeled, deveined raw shrimp (about 20 shrimp)
1/3 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
How to Make It
- Mix together flour and paprika in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs in a second shallow bowl. Combine food-processed coconut flakes and Panko in a third shallow bowl.
- Take each peeled, detailed shrimp and coat in flour, dip in egg, and cover with coconut-panko mixture.
- Place shrimp into air fryer basket, making sure not to overlap shrimp. Cook at 400°F until golden for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.