I am a huge fan of tequila, but I can never find drinks (except for margaritas) that adequately highlight the spirit’s unique flavor. After doing a bit of searching, I came across a Paloma recipe by Love & Lemons and it is fantastic!
Yield: 1 Serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice, plus wedges for garnish
- 2 ounces sparkling water
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ¼ ounce agave nectar or simple syrup, or to taste
- Coarse sea salt, for the rim of the glasses
How to Make It
- Salt the rim of the glass by rubbing a grapefruit wedge around the edge and dipping it onto a small plate of salt.
- Mix the tequila, grapefruit juice, sparkling water, lime juice, and simple syrup into the glass. Fill the remainder of the glass with ice. Adjust sweetness to taste. Garnish with grapefruit wedge/peel or burnt rosemary.